Although Netgear has been one of the world’s best Wi-Fi range Extender Company that has been reigning over the years, it’s so sad to hear how people kept on having issues over issues accessing the internet with the router itself.
So, are you having issues accessing the internet with your Netgear Genie? Or is it that you’ve been trying all that you could do regarding your Netgear Genie Setup? You don’t have to worry about this at all because you are on the appropriate channel where you can get your problem solved.
However, in this article, I will be emphasizing on the steps to fix the issue of not to be able to access the Internet with your NETGEAR router.
How to fix the issue of not to be able to access the Internet with your NETGEAR router
There are a lot of reasons that may warrant you not to be able to access the internet with your Netgear router but here in this article, we are only going to mention a few and how they can be avoided so as not to face this kind of disgusting situation anymore.
1st step: – If in a case whereby your router has been associated with the web and worked previously, affirm the sign from your network access supplier (ISP) isn’t the issue. Follow the below-listed steps to get it fixed back to normal;
- Turn off the remote capacity and straightforwardly interface your PC to the switch with an Ethernet link.
- Reboot the PC and check for a web association.
- If there is still no web association reboot the switch and any modems being used.
- You can likewise rehash this situation with your PC legitimately associated with the modem rather than the switch.
- If you are still not getting a web association, contact your web access supplier.
2nd step: – For new routers that presently can’t seem to be associated with the web, elude the establishment guide and client manual that was provided with the router. The manuals can likewise be found on the NETGEAR official website.
- Go to the Netgear official website and search your actual product to go for.
- Contact the Netgear technical support if in case you need more assistance on how to can go about the connection of your router and as well make it easier to access the internet.
3rd step: – Connect your router and then follow the profound steps to get it to stay connected by checking the user’s manual or you can as well follow the steps below on how to connect the Netgear Router.
- Disconnect the cables: – Remove any cable that may be connecting the modem to the PC. Fitting in the modem control connector and check the power light to guarantee the modem is on.
- Connect the router with the modem: – Attaching of one end of an Ethernet link to the modem and the opposite end into the web port on the netgear router. The web port is yellow or marginally separated from the remainder of the switch ports.
- Connect the router to the PC: – By connecting one end of the Ethernet cable to the PC as well as fixing the other part of the cable into the Ethernet port and the opposite end into any of the four LAN ports on the router helps to get the Netgear and the PC completely connected.
- Plugin the router controlconnector: – Ensure to plug in or insert the router control connector and then check the power light to guarantee that the switch is on.